Ghanaian actress Jackie Agyemang Appiah is loved by many for her good looks, especially her charming eyes. She has featured in a number of Ghanaian and Nigerian movies and has also received several nominations and won several awards.
Below are some interesting facts about the actress you probably didn’t know.
1. She is a Canadian-born Ghanaian actress.
To be successful in life is not an easy task or journey. It takes determination, hard work and believe and that is what Ghana rapper Kwesi Arthur had to hold on to make his dream come true.
The rapper’s childhood has been a little bit of challenging, narrating to Kuulpeeps, Young Arthur had rickets whilst growing up and after SHS, he was supposed to go to GIJ but couldn’t pay the fees so didn’t make it.
At one crazy moment, he almost became a security guard. The story is, he had bought forms to the University of Ghana but didn’t get admission.
Kwesi Arthur’s whole rap career started after listening to Drake’s ‘Thank Me Later’. Let’s say it was the stepping stone to what Kwesi Arthur is today.
Well today, we bring interesting things about the rapper most Ghanaians don’t know about him.
Just Enjoy The Video Below, Like Our Facebook Page
Ghanaian singer-songwriter and producer, KiDi has been on top of his game since he released his first hit single Odo. The singer has also released more hit songs ever since and he’s been one of the young vibrant artistes tsking Ghana music to another level.
Here are 7 facts about Kidi’s biography
1. Kidi’s real name is Dennis Nana Dwamena
2. He is signed to Lynx Entertainment.
3. KiDi was born Dennis Nana Dwamena on 18 August 1993 in Accra, Ghana to Gerald and Beatrice Thompson.
4. He received his primary school education at St. Anthony’s School in Accra and proceeded to Accra Academy for his Senior High School education. He then went on to the University of Ghana Legon, where he graduated in 2016 with a degree in Economics and Information Studies.
5. In 2015, KiDi took a leap of faith by joining the MTN Hitmaker competition.He went on to win the competition and was later signed to Lynx Entertainment.
6. KiDi has also produced several tracks for other artistes and co-produced with award-winning Ghanaian producer Richie Mensah. He has also written for Ghanaian acts including the award-winning MzVee and Adina and has collaborated with artistes such as Tic tac, Ko-Jo Cue and Magnom.
7. KiDi received 6 nominations at the 2018 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards including ‘Best New Artiste’, ‘Afropop Song of the Year’ and ‘Male Vocalist of the Year’ and went on to win the award for ‘Highlife Song of the Year’ at the awards in April 2018.
Young beautiful Kumawood actress, Maame Serwaa has achieved a lot in her movie career though she has been under fire following her massive fumbling with the English language at a press conference in Accra.
The actress however admitted that she has seen the news going round that she can’t speak better English and she is not bothered by what people say because she knows she can speak very good English and added that speaking good English does not make one a successful person.
How much do you know about Maame Serwaa, lemme take you through 5 thing I know about her biography.
1. She started her acting career at age 6 and has never looked back.
2. Clara Benson (alias Maame Serwaa) is a graduate of Serwaa Nyarko Girls’ Senior High School in Kumasi.
3. Maame Serwaa is ranked the 2nd richest Child actress in Ghana.
Young beautiful Ghanaian actress, Fella Makafui has become one of the most talked about celebrities in the movie industry following her success in the Yolo series in which she played the character of a bread seller.
But the question people still keep asking is Who Is Fella Makafui? How Old Is Fella Makafui, Which School Did Fella Makafui Attend, Her Cars and so many more and so this piece will tell you everything you need to know about Fella Makafui’s biography.
1. Even though Fella Makafui’s biography is not well-disclosed, the dark beautiful actress attended Kpando Senior High School, where she did General Arts as a course and was the Entertainment prefect because of her love for entertainment.
2. Fella Makafui, 23, is a Ghanaian actress, entrepreneur and a philanthropist.
3. She was born and raised in Anfoega Akukome in the Volta Region and before her fame in the entertainment industry, Fella Makafui was a model and a nudist.
4. After YOLO, she has featured in a couple of movies as well, popular among them is Kada River and ‘Once Upon A Family’ in which Nigerian Actress Mercy Johnson played the lead role in.
Abedi Ayew known professionally as Abedi Pele, is a Ghanaian former footballer who played as an attacking midfielder and who served as captain of the Ghana national team.
Having played for several European clubs Abedi Pele is regarded as one of the greatest African footballers of all-time and below are some 10 facts about the footbal icon you probably never knew.
1. Abedi Ayew was born into a family in the town of Kibi and grew up in the town of Dome at the northern outskirts of the city Accra.
2. He played for teams in Switzerland, Germany, Italy and most famously France, where he was instrumental in Marseille’s prominence in the UEFA Champions League during the early 1990s.
3. He was a captain and was one of the first African football players to earn a top placing in FIFA World Player of the Year voting in 1991 and 1992.
4. He has won the France Football African Player of the Year Award three times, was the inaugural winner of the BBC African Sports Star of the Year in 1992, and the corresponding Confederation of African Football award twice.
5. He was also awarded the golden ball award for being the best player at the 1992 African Cup of Nations, and was the “man of the match” in Marseille’s historic UEFA Champions League final win over Milan in 1993.
6. Abedi Pele played for Ghana 73 times and is considered the greatest football player in his country’s history, and among the best in Africa.
7. He is also the father of André, Jordan, Rahim, Imani, and is married to Maha. Two of his children – Andre and Rahim – represented Ghana in the FIFA 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
8. In June 2001 he was nominated by the present government of Ghana to serve as the next Chairman of the FA, an opportunity he later gave up for a more experienced former coach of Ghana for which in his own words said that this was to be an opportunity to learn from his superiors.
9. At present he owns a first division club, called Nania, with the future hopes of nurturing the young talent to augment the fledging league of the country. He has also been involved with various charity work across the African continent.
10. In appreciation of Abedi’s devout services to the country, the Ghanaian government awarded him the country’s highest honour, the Order of the Volta (civil division). He thus became the first Ghanaian sportsman to be so honoured.
Nana Ama McBrown is a Ghanian music writer who achieved mainstream success after moving performance in the Asoreba Twi-language movie. The film introduced Twi-language movies in Ghana into the mainstream, and this is attributed to Nana Ama’s excellent performance in the movie.
Though her English-speaking counterparts in West African usually overshadow her, Nana Ama has in the recent past acquired a strong, loyal fan-base among the Ghanaians. Nana Ama McBrown, daughter, would have remained unknown until recently when she posted a photo of her grown look-alike daughter.
Born in 1973 in Kumasi, Ghana before her parents divorced, Nana and her siblings were adopted by Betty Yeboah her aunt and husband Kofi McBrown the adopting father. They considered them as their real parents, and Nana Ama has on several occasions thanked them for the care they gave her and her siblings.
She got her education at St. Peter’s International Residential School before moving to Minnesota International and later to Central International School. She proceeded to Kwadaso LA JSS though she dropped out and thus, did not complete her Basic Education Certificate Exams.
How Nana Ama McBrown joined mainstream acting
Nana Ama McBrown entered the acting industry when she answered a radio announcement call by Miracle Films where she was put in charge of costumes. She, however, snagged the lead role on the set after Samuel Nyamekye; the director saw that she was good for the role. As a result, her first movie titled “That Day” was published in 2001, and this inspired her to pursue the acting career.
This was followed by her landing a bigger role on the TV series, Tentacles before Nana Ama McBrown child rumours came into the limelight. In 2007, Nana Ama’s movie, Asobera that co-starred Mercy Aseidu and Agya Koo transformed her into a household name. Since then, she has continued to release a series of critically acclaimed movies.
The beautiful Ghanaian actress is listed among the few African actresses who have sacrificed their beautiful hair for their career. For instance, the fact that Nana Ama McBrown and daughter are alike recently became a puzzle when she shaved in the movie Atemmuo. This left multitudes wondering if she was really the one or her daughter acting on her behalf. However, this was just comic since the daughter is still young to fit in her mother’s shoes. All she wanted after shaving off her precious hair was to ensure that the movie came out as real as possible.